In the AFC U-23 Asian Cup 2022 Qualifiers, Nepal has been placed in Group B alongside Iran, Lebanon, and Tajikistan.
The 42 teams were divided into 11 groups, with 15 berths available for the AFC U-23 Asian Cup 2022, which will be hosted by Uzbekistan for the first time, marking the tournament’s first appearance in the Central Zone.
The teams were divided into two regions by the draw: the West Region, which included 23 West, South, and Central Participating Teams, and the East Region, which included 19 East and ASEAN Participating Teams.
The West Region has six groups in total, with five groups of four teams and one group of three teams, and the East Region has four groups of four teams and one group of three teams, with the 11 group winners and four best second-placed teams qualifying for the final.
The qualifiers will take place from October 23 to October 31, 2021.
- Group A: Syria, Qatar (H), Yemen, Sri Lanka
- Group B: Islamic Republic of Iran, Tajikistan (H), Lebanon, Nepal
- Group C: Iraq, Bahrain (H), Afghanistan, Maldives
- Group D: Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh, Kuwait (H), Uzbekistan
- Group E: United Arab Emirates (H), Oman, India, Kyrgyz Republic
- Group F: Jordan (H), Palestine, Turkmenistan
- Group G: Australia, China PR, Indonesia (H), Brunei Darussalam
- Group H: Korea Republic, Singapore (H), Timor-Leste, Philippines
- Group I: Vietnam, Myanmar, Hong Kong, Chinese Taipei (H)
- Group J: Thailand, Malaysia, Laos, Mongolia (H)
- Group K: DPR Korea, Japan, Cambodia